Terms & Conditions
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
When you visit our website, we use ‘cookie’ technology to make that experience simple, personalised and consistent. Cookies are small pieces of information which are sent to your computer (or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device) when you visit a website which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies on this site last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to the site in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to the site has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors.
Some of the cookies used by this website are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on our website you may not be able to take full advantage of the website.
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you newsletters and other marketing communications (relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at [email protected]).
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
- Other uses
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to [email protected]) at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.